This month was a huge transition for us as Dad returned to work after 10 weeks of paternity leave. The first week was tough and there were a few times that I stepped out from the shower and you were screaming at being left alone in your crib. Luckily we've both gotten the hang of it, but always look forward to Dad coming home every night. Your personality is really starting to show and wow are you a happy boy! You have a huge smile that often goes hand in hand with a coo of joy. You like to meet new people and are happy to be held by anyone willing to snuggle. We also took you "swimming" at the baby spa for the first time this month and you LOVED it (pics at bottom). Both Dad and I were very skeptical at first, but you had so much fun we decided to buy a neck floatie for home.
- Size: You weigh 14 ½ pounds and are about 24 ½" tall. You doubled your birth weight at about 12 weeks!
- Eating: You are still a great eater and would sleep / eat for hours if I let you. Luckily for you we have a long flight back to America coming up and I won't have any chores to do so it just might be the happiest 12 hours for you.
- Diapers: We finally conquered the diaper rash after I eliminated several possible allergens from my diet including dairy, wheat, eggs, and peanuts. We have a lot fewer dirty diapers now too as the new diet seems to be more agreeable to your tummy. The plan is to try reintroducing these foods back in one at a time to see if one in particular is causing the issue.
- Sleep: You are finally taking a consistent nap in the morning! I now shut the curtains, swaddle you up, turn on your lullabies, and lock the dog out of the bedroom so you can sleep more easily. I typically put you down around 11am and you sleep for around 2 hours. You also take several cat naps throughout the day. Your bedtime is 8pm and most nights you wake up 1 time for a feed. Generally you are up around 5 or 6am and love to have a snuggle with Dad before he gets up to get ready for work.
- Play: You are becoming a champ at independent play which is so helpful for Mom. I like to do some yoga while you play in your jungle gym and work on belly time. You love gazing at yourself in your mirror and also still love hitting and kicking your toys. Surprisingly you have a lot of fun during diaper changes now (whereas you used to despise them) and often talk to Mom or Dad and have learned how to grab your feet "happy baby yoga" style.
- Bath: You graduated to a new setting on your bath tub and no long need the newborn hammock. You seems to enjoy bath time even more now that more of your lower body is in the warm water.
|We can't get enough of your smiles and giggles|
|IWAT luncheon where you charmed all the ladies and got to celebrate Chinese New Year.|
|Exhausted after your first play date.|
|Dad is a great multitasker!|
|Super into story time these days|
|We love taking you out to dinner with us.|
|Very relaxed. The neck floatie looks a bit strange but you were completely comfortable when they put it on so that eased our minds a lot.|
|We were a bit uncomfortable with the crowd of gawkers that you attracted, but we decided to try to relax and enjoy how watching you kick around.|